The Thessalonica Agricultural and Industrial Institute, best known as the American Farm School (AFS) is an independent, non-profit educational institute. It was founded by the American missionary Dr. John H. House in 1904. The institute is located in Thessaloniki and provides formal and non-formal agricultural and environmental education to people from Greece and abroad at all levels. Production, innovative research and information dissemination comprise a strong component of its main activities regarding rural development.
The Thessalonica agricultural and industrial institute